Sunday, August 28, 2011

Missourable Moles


When we first moved in, I asked adam why our grass was so lumpy...I kept stepping and sinking - it was crazy! Well, come to find out, we have moles!! And in the almost 2 months we've been here, they or it (we've heard there's usually just one; however, we are not convinced), have done quite a bit of damage, and have even moved into the backyard!! After reading up on the best way to rid your yard of moles, it seemed the consensus online was to have cats. Well, CHECK! We have 2!! So, I thought the moles would be gone in no time. WEll....it took them 2 MONTHS, but sure enough - Adam came home to find a little present from the kitties this week! Hercules is living up to his name : )
HOWEVER, we're pretty sure, we are home to the mole motel becuase since then, we have found more tunnels pop up. It's so bad now, you can see their maze of dead grass in the yard. Adam attempted to stomp all of the tunnels in, then shove the hose into a hole to see if another one would surface - lol. It was a vain attempt. So, hopefully between the traps we buy and the cats, the mole motel will be closing soon!

Adam had his 1st official week of classes as a Mizzou Tiger this week. He enjoys riding the bus, and sometimes I can even pick him up from the bus stop after school -(so sweet, right?)

We also got a dartboard this week!! Adam wanted to hang it up in the living room so we'd actually use it, amdist my hints of how bad I am (so as to imply it may not be good for the walls). Well after hitting the wall twice within our first game, we decided to put some moving boxes to good use:

Last but not least - may I wish my dear old Dad a HAPPY HAPPY Birthday this week!!! We love you, Daddy!!
Spiritual Thought for the week:
Be Followers of Christ!! ~ Adam and I spoke on this last week in church, and this week it was the sunday school lesson...so we're going to work extra hard on it : )

No comments:

Post a Comment