Sunday, August 7, 2011

Laid Back Week

This week started out with a BANG as our kitchen floors were finally installed!! HOORAY!! We’re down to only about 50sqft of concrete floor left in our house (in the living room)…we’re waiting on the insurance company STILL to get back to us, but who cares!! We can cook without standing on concrete and that makes me one happy chef!

Additional excitement for the week was that I was able to visit the school I will be working at this year and meet some of the staff and check out my cool room!! The best part of all was that I even got my own nameplate on the first day – you could have sworn they handed me the publisher’s clearing house my smile was so big. However, upon admiring my sign when walking back into my room from lunch, I noticed it read “Mrs. Shehaden” – so CLOSE!!! The good news is I should get a correct one before school starts.


The rest of our week was pretty laid back…it FINALLY rained a morning or two…and we took the time to sleep in to the sound of pitter-pattering on the roof.
I was able to find a new route to Fulton that is absolutely gorgeous, full of rolling hills, old barns, prairies full of livestock and horses (even a few colts). So as long as I can avoid getting stuck behind a school bus or slow poke driver, I will be able to enjoy a nice country drive to and from work. AND we got some new sofa pillows too!! Wahoo!
Today, we went to church where we were able to meet some more new people…our ward is quite the place to be this summer it seems. Next week we’ll have a potluck and really get to know of folks. I got to sing with the primary children again – I just adore them!! The first song we sang was “Do as I’m Doing” (a simon-says like song)…so I chose a little boy who was being REALLY reverent to lead it. When I asked him what he wanted us to do he said, “Well, it’s kind of silly. It’s going to be like the motion you make when you make a pit fart noise, etc.” Even the leaders couldn’t help but laugh!!
Well – here’s to another week full of fun with the Shehadehs and hopefully some cooler weather : )

No comments:

Post a Comment